Notifications

Barely made it.  

RSS

Rabbitkin Keiko
(@rabbitkin-keiko)
01/12/2019 6:15 pm  

Keiko's Expedition Diary, Volume 1

11/23: Things progressed much faster than I thought possible.  The second I left Arkacia, I started getting chased around by some kind of massive reptile.   Maybe a dragon?  I don't know.  I spent days avoiding it, until finally I fell down a sinkhole.  Apparently, this dragon-thing had a fixation for rabbitfolk because there were a lot of other rabbitfolk in that hole with me.  Most didn't recognize me, but some did - turns out some of the people I grew up with survived our village getting burned down! I was so happy to hear that!

11/26: It didn't take long for the dragon or whatever to lose interest in us, and in time we were able to work together to get everyone out of the hole.  They didn't want to at first, but when I told them about what I experienced in Arkacia - how kind the people there could be, and how ripe the civilization there was for industry, they couldn't wait to leave.  Unfortunately, as we were getting a wagon ready to head back south, the dragon or whatever caught our scent again.  As much of a hard time I had dodging its claws and breath attacks by myself, trying to get a horse-drawn wagon to take evasive maneuvers was extremely difficult, but somehow we survived.

11/30: A gigantic fog surrounded the wagon as we broke through the boundary to Arkacia and tred upon the snowy lands of the Northern Pact, and thank the Mother it did, because with all that evaporated water in the air, the dragon couldn't smell us anymore, so it fled back north.  Probably to its den or something.  Sighing in relief, I led what I had started affectionately calling my people down through Northcord to Lumberreach Hold, where my current home resides.  I didn't want to think about how long it would take to move the wall to make enough space for all the burrows my people would need, but I was sure that Kane would love all the new residents increasing Mathos's reputation.

12/1: Mathos is gone.  The town still stands, but Kane, Fritz, and all the other residents have just vanished.  It's like a ghost town now.  I can't bring my people, timid as is their nature, to live in an empty settlement like this.  It wouldn't sit well with them.  You know, it's funny.  I never wanted to run a settlement.  I only gained the rank I did in Mathos to make sure there was always someone around who could bring in new settlers.  Now I have an entire town's worth of Rabbitkin with no home looking up at me like I'll bring them to some promised land. Mother, give me strength.  I don't know what I can do for my people, but they can't live on the road forever.  I fear to bring my problem to Eldar or Rorick, as I'm sure they have enough burdens running their kingdoms.  But my options are barely existent to begin with.

Rabbitkin Keiko
(@rabbitkin-keiko)
12/12/2019 10:27 pm  

12/3: We dwelled in Mathos a bit to rest our selves from the difficult path so far, then made our way south. If anybody knew where a bunch of Rabbitkin might find safety in this land, it would be Eldar.  That said, we didn't go all the way to Entheas to meet him.  Instead. we found another dragon on our travels - though this one was far different from the one that chased us here.  He had the gait of a human, but was much taller than one, though he lacked the wings of a dragon.  He could also speak the common tongue, and introduced himself to me as Draco.  He offered to house my people in his Adamant Keep.  I thanked him for the offer, and he led us west, around the forest of the Wood Elves, to his keep in Pirate's Cove.

12/4: I thanked Draco for leading us this far out, but told him that there was no way his Keep could house all of us.  He simply didn't have enough land.  As we prepared to leave, some of the older men in our group approached me, and explained that they thought it best that we find our own lands in this continent.  I brought their desires to the entirety of our numbers, and after some discussion, we all agreed that we should settle in a previously unclaimed part of Arkacia.

12/5: We crossed the river back to Lumberreach Hold and found a hill-strewn valley not far from Draco and his Keep, and decided to settle here.  My people have begun settling down in their wagon and unpacking as I gathered lumber and prepared for the long amount of time it would take to build homes for everyone.  I'm glad everyone has finally started smiling again, but I can't help but feel that we have a lot of work ahead of us, and I don't exactly feel safe out in the open like this.

12/12: After a week of building, we have the beginnings of a tribal village built for us - a Great Hall, a temple to the Mother of course, though it's not quite as great as the one I built in Mathos half a month ago, and some homes.  I, along with those willing to help me with construction, have a lot of building ahead before there will be enough homes for everyone, not to mention whatever other buildings the village, as this rag-tag group of bunnies from various different settlements north of this land have begun to call themselves, desire, but though we are alone in Arkacia, this place has slowly begun to feel like home.  I miss Mathos, and I know it will fall to ruin eventually, but as much as it pains me, I coudln't have brought my people to safety without letting it fall.

ReplyQuote
Share: